Thank you for your interest in Internal Medicine-Pediatrics at The University of Chicago. The Med-Peds Residency participates in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP) and is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
The University of Chicago is committed to diversity within its faculty and staff, and we actively encourage applications from women and members of groups under-represented in medicine.
The Med-Peds residency program at The University of Chicago participates in the NRMP and accepts applications for the PGY-1 position.
Required Application Materials
- Complete ERAS application
- MSPE (formerly Dean’s Letter)
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Step I Scores – we do not require USLME Step II scores to be available at the time of interview, but passages of both USLME Step I and II* are required for entry into the program
- CS will not be required 2020-2021
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Recommendations Letters of your choice (more information in our letter to 2020-2021 applicants)
Update for the 2020-2021 season:
- This year, we’d also like to know why you’re specifically interested in the University of Chicago Med-Peds Program for your residency training. To be invited for an interview, applicants will be asked to provide a paragraph or less to help us learn more about your interest in our program.
- J-1, H-1B visa accepted/sponsored
- Three months, of supervised US clinical experience is a mandatory requirement (observership/externship is not considered clinical experience)
Applications must be submitted by January 15, 2021, however, our interview and wait list slots are generally filled by November. Please submit whatever material you can by October 21, 2020 to have your application initially reviewed.
For more information, please contact our Residency Program Coordinator at email@example.com.