Thank you for your interest in Internal Medicine-Pediatrics at The University of Chicago. The Med-Peds Residency participates in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP) and is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
The University of Chicago is committed to diversity within its faculty and staff and actively encourages applications from women and members of under-represented minority groups.
The Med-Peds residency program at The University of Chicago participates in the NRMP and accepts applications for the PGY-1 position.
We only accept applications through ERAS for PGY-1 positions; all other inquiries are not accepted.
Applications are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) provided by the Association of the American Medical Colleges (AAMC). We do not mail out or accept paper applications. Please visit www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/ for more information.
Required Application Materials:
- Complete ERAS application
- MSPE (formerly Dean’s Letter)
- USMLE Step 1 Scores – we do not require USLME Step II scores be available by November 1st, but passages of both USLME Step 1 and II are required for entry into the program.
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1 Letter from Internal Medicine Department Chair
- 1 Letter from Pediatric Department Chair
- 1-2 Letters of your choice
- J1 visa accepted/sponsored.
Three months, of supervised US clinical experience is a mandatory requirement.
(Please note, observership/externship is not considered clinical experience)
Applications should be submitted by November 1, 2016.